The little church rises in idyllic position in Settequerce, a former property of the Teutonic Order and today a quarter of Terlano.
Image gallery: St. Anthony Church in Settequerce
Settequerce (Siebeneich) has two churches to offer: Besides the Parish Church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, there is another church in the Via Padre Romedius alley. It has a small bell tower and a central dome, a porch connects the St. Anthony Church with the residential building. Already in the year of its construction, 1702, it was mentioned as “Capellen S. Antonio de Padua”.
Inside, there is an altar made of coloured marble with two columns and the statues of the Saints John and James. It is the work of Cristoforo Benedetti from Castione (1657 - 1740), an Italian sculptor, stonemason and baroque architect. The little baroque church was consecrated to St. Anthony of Padua, patron saint of bakers, swineherds, miners, travellers and social workers: His feast is celebrated on June 13th with the parish fair in Settequerce.
not open to the public
phone: +39 0471 257165, email@example.com