The church of Andriano is dedicated to St. Valentine of Terni, which indicates a very early period of construction.
Image gallery: Parish Church of Andriano
The Parish Church of Andriano (Andrian) in the Valle dell'Adige valley, is dedicated to St. Valentine of Terni, patron saint of young people, travellers and beekeepers. An interesting detail that suggests that there was a church here already very early on. The church was first mentioned in documents in 1231, and the lower section of the tower with its three-part windows dates back to this early period. Parts of the later late Gothic building are also still present: the choir (formerly part of the nave) with lancet windows and star-ribbed vault and the bell.
The present appearance comes from the new building constructed between 1852 and 1854, which, under the direction of the master mason Johann Gammon, was modelled on the earlier late Gothic building. A few decades later the church tower was also heightened. Worth seeing in the interior are the valuable frescos, the side altar painting by Anton Psenner from 1864, which shows the former church with the former pointed helmet, and the elaborately designed organ case from the 19th century. Inside it houses a mechanical Metzler Organ with 19 stops from 2006.
open during the day
phone: +39 0471 257113, email@example.com