The St. Mary Church in the historical village centre of Ora is officially known as Parish Church of Our Lady of the Rosary.
In the past centuries, the village of Ora (Auer) was frequently flooded by the Adige river, a natural disaster that hit also the St. Peter Church at the southern village entrance, the former parish church. After being repeatedly inaccessible, in 1674 the Church of Our Lady of the Rosary, the new parish church, was built. The light yellow building stands in the historical village centre of Ora, called Oberdorf, on the foundation walls of the former St. Judoc Chapel from the 13th century.
Worth seeing in the interior of the Parish Church of Ora are the Baroque high altar in marble, decorated with a life-sized statue of the Virgin Mary, and the two wooden side altars. By the way: According to a myth, once there was a Golden City at the place where today rises the village of Ora. A fresco on the building of the savings bank still reminds this legend...
Church service (bilingual) Saturdays at 7 pm, Sundays in Italian language at 8.30 am and in German language at 9.30 am.