The majestic St. Cyricus and Julitta Church is known for its steeple: It’s the highest brick steeple of South Tyrol.
Termeno (Tramin) also has its superlatives to offer, one of them is the tower of the parish church, which with its 86 m height is the highest brick church tower in South Tyrol. The history of the Parish Church of Termeno dedicated to St. Quiricus and Julitta dates back to 850 AD, then a donation of the Longobard Count Rodengo. At the end of the 14th century the choir with its six elegant buttresses (presbytery) was built. The nave with the side aisles was added in 1911 and replaced the once simple single-nave room with the four side chapels.
Precious frescoes decorate the interior of the St. Cyricus and Julitta Church: The Gothic murals in the choir depict the death by torture of St. Julitta and her little son. The Gothic main altar is also a masterpiece, a work of Master Klocker, a student of the famous Michael Pacher. Today it is located in the Bavarian National Museum in Munich. The altarpiece by Martin Knoller (1789), an important South Tyrolean painter, is placed above the new high altar (18th century). There are also four other altars: the altars of Our Lady, St. Joseph, St. Sebastian and St. James the Great.
open during the day
phone: +39 0471 860190, firstname.lastname@example.org