Already in 1147, a church was mentioned in Salorno - the separately standing steeple is the rest of the once late-medieval building.
Between the historic residences and town houses of Salorno, the southernmost municipality of South Tyrol, there is also the St. Andrew Parish Church. A Romanesque church was already mentioned here in the 12th century. After building alterations in the 15th century in late Gothic style, the restructuring followed in 1628-40 by the painter and architect Francesco Lucchese. Today it is considered one of the first examples of religious Renaissance architecture in South Tyrol.
The outer facade of the Parish Church of Salorno (Salurn) shows the wooden statues of St. Peter and St. Paul and the gilded statues of the church fathers St. Andrew and St. Nicholas and of Our Lady with the Child. The Serliana or Venetian windows, a variation of the triumphal arch, represent the classical sacred architecture. Inside there are also two works of art: the Baroque high altar by the Zugna Brothers from 1646 and the altarpiece by Agostino Ugolini from Verona (1822). By the way: Besides the St. Andrew Church, Salorno has a second important church in the municipal area, the Gothic parish church of St. Ursula in Pochi with its Romanesque tower.
Church service (in German language) Sundays at 8.45 am - (in Italian language) Sundays at 10 am.