The St. Martin of Tours Church can be recognised by its steeple with the beautiful bulbous spire on the southern side of the church.
The Parish Church of Cornaiano, located on a sunny plateau 10 km from Bolzano, can be found in the middle of the small village square. First mentioned in 1271, it was rebuilt several times over the centuries, so that several stylistic eras are visible on the building: the late Gothic style on the lower tower and in the choir, the Classicism on the facade and in the interior and the Baroque style on the ceiling paintings and on the bulbous spire. The present appearance dates back to 1838.
Inside, the parish church is characterised by marble altars, the Reinisch Organ (1838) and altar paintings by Michael Andersag from Foiana. It is dedicated to St. Martin, whose name day is celebrated on the 11th of November as the church fair with the St. Martin's Market. This market is interestingly called "The Last Judgement", partly because animals were slaughtered at the market in the past and partly because the reading of the Last Judgement at Mass falls on this day.
Church service (in German language) Saturdays at 6 pm, Sundays at 10 am.