The late Gothic St. George Church rises high above the village of Cortaccia, at 800 m a.s.l.
Image gallery: Parish Church of Corona
A little outside of Corona, a district of Cortaccia, the parish church with its Romanesque tower from the 13th century is located. The rest of the building is late Gothic with pointed windows and is surrounded by the cemetery, which was inaugurated in 1789. While the St. George Church, as mentioned, is located somewhat outside, the rectory is located in the centre of Corona and is flanked by the chapel dedicated to the Apostles Simon and Judah from the 18th century.
Inside the Parish Church of Corona there is a baroque high altar from 1713, which comes from the abandoned St. George Church in Castelvecchio near Caldaro. A stone-enclosed triumphal arch separates the nave from the choir with its ribbed star vault. There are keystones with a head of Christ and empty coats of arms. By the way: Today the Parish Church of Corona (Graun) is one of the 30 architectural monuments of the municipality of Cortaccia and can be reached on foot. The contemplation path with 14 stations of the cross leads from Cortaccia up to Corona.
- Corona / Graun - 39040 - Cortaccia / Kurtatsch
- +39 0471 860190
Despite careful control we cannot guarantee the correctness of the provided data.
Church service (in German language) Saturdays at 7 pm.