The ruin of Casaccia is located above the Casaccia-Pfeffersburg tavern in Prissiano/Tesimo.
Image gallery: Ruin of Casaccia/Castel Pfeffersburg
In the historic building of the Casaccia ruin, also called Pfeffersburg Castle, there is a hall which is also venue for several cultural buildings. In the courtyard open air concerts are staged.
The castle has been built on the Casaccia hill, which was also name-giving for the castle at the end of the 12th century. In 1194 Ulrich Rufus, Marquard and Hartwig from Tesimo as well as the brothers Heinrich and Friedrich von Pitzol got the permission by the bishop Konrad II to build a so-called chemise castle. As service in return the bishop of Trento ans his trustees used to have permanent access to the castle. This building, which for these days was rather modern, used to be residence for the attendants of the Counts of Appiano.
When the family of the Counts of Appiano became extincted, the Lords of Greifenstein came to possess the castle. Later on, in 1390, the family of the pawnbrokers called Botsch took over the the castle, the genders of the Stachelburg, Schneeburg and Giovanelli followed. In 1600 it has no longer been inhabited and the building started deteriorating. In the years 1999 to 2002 the Casaccio ruin was restored under Miss Verena Jordan, which prevented the building from deteriorating.
The castle can be visited the whole year round.
Phone. +39 0471 678390