Above the village of Montagna there’s Enna Castle which was built by the Lords of Enn in the 12th century.
It was in 1172 when bishop Albert of Trento gave his permission to build a new residence for the Lords of Enn above Montagna. The noble family was already in possession of Castelvetere Castle which was in serious disrepair back then. So the Lords of Enn had their new castle built in a more protected position and were charged with the castle-guard and with the security of the area of Trodena. Count Meinhard II finally conquered the castle in the 13th century and banished the Lords of Enn, whose traces are lost in the course of history: The Counts of Tyrol took over.
In 1648, the castle - such as other South Tyrolean castles - passed into the possession of the Venetian Pietro Zenobio who had granted a credit to the Lords of Tyrol. The Tyrolean nobility protested. But Enna Castle (Schloss Enn, in German) remained in the possession of the Venetian patrician family, whose descendants had the complex extended in neo-Gothic style in 1880. It is still owned by the family of Baron Rubin de Cervin-Albrizzi and cannot be visited: Once a year, however, the Montagna Music Band gives its traditional castle concert in the inner courtyard.
accessible only during the annual castle concert