A small castle called Tordilupo or Wolfsthurn, dating back to the 13th century, rises slightly above the village of Andriano at 285 m a.s.l.
It was back in 1280, when the Lords of Andriano (Andrian) had a small castle built on the remains of a prehistoric rampart. It was initially made up of a donjon surrounded by a curtain wall. In 1430, the family around Rudolfus Lupus (Rudolf the wolf) - called "the wolves" - took over the castle and named it Wolfsthurn. By the way: A castle with the same name rises in the native village of the family, in Mareta, in the Upper Isarco valley. It is one of the few secular Baroque buildings in South Tyrol today and houses the South Tyrolean Museum of Hunting and Fishing.
In the 16th century, Tordilupo Castle (Burg Wolfsthurn, in German), located in a chestnut forest above Andriano, was enlarged by a residential building with garden and a farm building. Also the wall was heightened and the southern entrance gate was completed with a tower with arrow slits and crenellations. In the course of time, Tordilupo Castle started decaying until the 19th century when it was restored. The next renovation followed in 1997 under the present owner, Baron Kripp. Today it is the residence of the family and offers holiday apartments on the organic farm.
accessible only for guests of the house