In Termeno on the Wine Road there’s the light yellow mansion of Rechtenthal Castle with its eponymous academy.
A castle-like building which was a small farmstead up to the 19th century rises at the edge of the village of Termeno (Tramin), in the small hamlet of Sella. Back then, the baron Franz S. von Unterrichter from Caldaro - titled "von Rechtenthal" - had the property enlarged and rebuilt for its son Otto by giving it its present appearance with the curtain wall, the crenellations and the two towers. Two generations later, the castle passed into the hands of German aristocrats by marriage. In 1920, the Italian State dispossessed the owners and used it as a retirement home and shelter.
In the last decade of the 20th century, Rechtenthal Castle (Schloss Rechtenthal, in German) was carefully renovated under the curent owner, the Province of South Tyrol, and handed over to its new destiny. On the one hand the Castel Rechtenthal Academy serves as a regional training academy for teachers and kindergarten staff, on the other hand the rooms can be rented for events and private celebrations such as wine symposiums and weddings. A large garden surrounds the yellow estate, which is enthroned among the vineyards of the South Tyrolean Wine Road.
Despite careful control we cannot guarantee the correctness of the provided data.
accessible only for guests of the house