Castello di Salorno, also called Haderburg, is located at Salorno, at the “border” of Italian and German speaking population.
Castello the Salorno dates back to Mediaeval times. It is located on a high rock spur above Salorno. According to its position it is a secure fortress which is not easily attackable.
In the first half of the 13th century Castel Salorno has been constructed by the lords of Salorno. Later on the Earls Meinhard II of Tyrol and in the 14th century the Habsburgs took over the castle. In 1514 expansions and renewings have been carried out. Some decades after the Haderburg castle lost importance as far as defending the country was concerned. From this point of time it also started decaying.
Since the 17th century, strictly speaking from 1648, Castel Salorno is in possession of the Venetian Counts of Zenobio (Zenobio-Albrizzi) and their descendants. The reconstruction and consolidation of the castle has only recently been initiated by the current owner baron Ernesto Rubin de Cervin Albrizzi and could be completed with the aid of official financial contributions.
Since 2003, after having been softly renewed, the castle has been opened to the public. It can be reached via a 890 m long trail that has been constructed in the period of time between 2001 to 2003, called „path of visions“. From April to October the castle is open on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, from 10 am to 8 pm. Moreover there are cultural events.