The church tower of the ancient Mary Magdalene Church soars like a monument in a particular place.
Image gallery: Steeple at the Birtihof farm
The bell tower is located at the Birtihof farm and reminds on the place where in the 18th century the demolished Mary Magdalene Church was located. It has been built in the 12th century and is 24.6 m high. Also frescoes of the times around 1410 have been detected, copies of which are preserved in the municipality of Vadena. The original pieces of art are kept in the Bolzano Municipal Museum.
This bell tower is an outstanding characteristic of the little municipality of Vadena. By the way: the Mary Magdalene Church is today the parish church, which stands in another place.