Rechtenthal castle is in view coming from Caldaro, right above the the beginning of Termeno.
The crenellation is the characteristic of Rechtenthal Castle, as the curtain wall and two towers are decorated with this construction element. Castel Rechtenthal is a residence that has originally been built by the baron Franz S. Von Unterrichter for his son Otto. Already in these days, the citizen of Caldaro bore the name “von Rechtenthal“.
Two generations later the castle passed into the hands of German aristocrats by marriage. In 1920 the Italian state dispossessed the owners and the residence was first changed into a retirement home, afterwards it was used for social housing.
Around 1988 the building was renovated, in the same year an Academy for Advanced Education has been inaugurated in the castle. Moreover it is venue for several special events.