The pilgrimage site S. Nicolò (569 m asl) makes up the upper part of the village of Caldaro and stretches along the Mendola road.
Image gallery: S. Nicolò
Once upon a time, the village at the Mendola mountain ride used to be called Montevino, later on Muntfein. Later on, the patron of the church was taken to name the village.
The church of S. Nicolò has a special characteristic. The two steeples were built out of a necessity. The older steeple collapsed in the course of time when tolling, the second was built at the end of the 19th century. It looks different than the first one, it is roofed with shingles and has porphyry walls. In the church, there is a miraculous image of the Virgin Mary, that started crying in 1733 in one of the nearby buildings. Since that point of time, again and again people pilgrimaged to this place and see this picture.
S. Nicolò is located on the road to Passo Mendola, that is to say why the inhabitants of the village are considered to have a special relationship to people in Val di Non.